As General Petraeus report about the state of the iraq is now to be found in a lot of media. It should be shown that there are also other sources which present THEIR results too.
I present you the summary of the avaaz.org report about the iraq
- Biggest refugee exodus in the world today.
- Savage ethnic cleansing.
- More deaths than Darfur?
- The killing has accelerated between 2006 and 2007.
- Electricity, food and water supplies are running short.
- Iraqis have little or no confidence in the US, and in their own government.
- Most people in Iraq and around the world want withdrawal soon – but it’s just not happening.
- But most Iraqis support reconciliation in a single, non-confessional Iraq.
Details about this statements are to be found on the avaaz.org article.
BoingBoing.net has a review of a lengthy article on Rolling Stone about the wasting of money in the iraq by the US government and the immoral behavior of their contractors
In short, some $8.8 billion of the $12 billion proved impossible to find. “Who in their right mind would send 360 tons of cash into a war zone?” asked Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Oversight Committee. “But that’s exactly what our government did.”
Update: If you didn’t see the video before: Rocketboom shows how Bush reacts being told that the second tower has hit